• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Files opening larger than what they are?

jr_t1t

Hey all, I've had to reinstall windows and all my software and having a problem opening jpg files in Flexi8.1 now. The files are opening to a larger physical size than what they are supposed to. For example if I save a jpg in photoshop thats 20.5"wide at 150 pixels/inch and try top open it in Flexi it will now open up at 42.708" wide. If I save as 100 pixels/inch it will open in flexi at 28.472" wide. It's not until I save as 72 pixels/inch that it will open at its correct 20.5" size. It used to not matter what resolution I saved as from photoshop it would open up to it's correct size in Flexi. What am I missing or doing incorrectly this go around? Any help is appreciated!

NateF

We've had the same problems with Versaworks, so I'm pretty sure it's a photoshop issue, not a flexi issue. I don't remember what our workaround was, though - except to tell our production guy to pay attention to sizes listed on the work order.

Pete Moss

If it is a Photoshop issue open the .tiff (or whatever file extension it may be) in Corel and export or save from there.

jr_t1t

I suppose it could be a photoshop issue, I did "upgrade" from cs2 to cs5. I will hunt around and photoshop and see if anything in there is wierd. Thanks for the suggestions so far!