• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fine Art Paper

jumeda33

Hello everybody,
I am trying to get an idea as to what everybody is using for fine art watercolor paper both textured and smooth. I have a Canon 8300.
Thanks in advance for your input.
David

artbot

try luminous-landscape.com for this kind of thread. paper is literally all they talk about.

(under the Printer, papers, and inks section)

Rooster

Try German Etching by Hahnemuhle, although it's pretty smooth and similar to a lot of others.

Schoellershammer Velvet has a smoother surface while still being a 100% rag cotton stock.

My favorite and by far the most popular that we've sold in the past was Hahnemuhle Torchon. It has a pretty heavy texture to it, but it's easy to print with an excellent white point.

Anybody reproducing watercolors would pick the torchon 99% of the time. Photographers liked the velvet better for it's smooth surface and the german etching, while popular at other shops, never sold well for us.

You can find some good choices @ digitalartsupplies.com, but it looks like they've stopped selling the torchon.

Bly

I use Hahnemulle Albrecht Durer 210gsm on my HP5500.
Nice texture and heavy weight.
You need to charge a premium for this though.
It's not cheap.