• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fine banding line in Cyan after 6 Month Maintenance

Tizz

Hi All,

I have spent hours reading through many posts that relate to the same issue I am experiencing.

I just had the captops, dampers, serge mist sponge, wipers etc.. replaced. New rubber O'rings were used, drew ink in to the dampers with a syringe when all was replaced and even drew ink via the captops to ensure there were no air leaks and the heads were sitting correctly.

All nozzles are firing, but get a fine banding line when printing in cyan, both in uni & bi directional printing (standard & high quality).

I've drawn ink from the cyan damper again just to ensure all air in the cyan line have been removed. Performed 3 medium cleans and 1 powerful clean but still to no avail.

I'm running a Bulk ink system on my SP540V, the heads are only a year 1/2 old. Never had any issues before up untill a few weeks ago.
I've read that it may be ink starvation, or the heads aren't sitting flush in the captops. But the Black/Cyan head sits well and is covered. As for ink starvation, its a new damper and I've double checked the damper is filling with no air in the line.

Is there anything I've missed or suggestions you have that can help me out?

Thanking you in advance..

Attachments

• 20141012_124138.jpg
    20141012_124138.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 73

Tizz

nozzle test

Thanks for the reply guys. Nozzle test attached.
This began a week before the service was done and I surely thought it was a semi blocked damper. The new damper made a slight improvement but still evident.
Im thinking of replacing the new cyan damper with another new one.
With regard to the media feed, can this affect just the one colour? Or should all colours show the same sign?

Attachments

• 20141013_064443.jpg
    20141013_064443.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20141013_064626.jpg
    20141013_064626.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 69

player

There are also some calibrations in service mode... alignments and levelings etc...

I am not a tech so excuse my terminology.

Check out the service manual for the machine and see what the service mode alignments for the heads entail...