• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fine Lines In Print

S

Sign-Man Signs

Been getting real fine lines in my prints. Have changed about every setting so I'm thinks something is dragging like maybe cutter blade. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Mutoh Prism Jet Extra. CMYK. Same as Outdoor Junior.

Letterbox Mike

Can you post a picture of it? It sounds like the media compensation needs to be adjusted. Are all of the nozzles firing properly?

Graphics2u

It's very likely you have a piece of fuzz or hair dragging with the head. Slide the head unit out and look at it from the front of the printer to see if you can see anything. May need to do manual cleaning with alcohol and foam swabs to clean it well.

If the lines are in the direction of the media movement, and are around .5 inch long, then I would recommend that you clean the linear encoder strip.

Bob

Flame

Happens when you don't clean enough. Pour some de-natured alchohol intot he capping station (half a capful?) and then run 2 powerful cleanings. Run a small file or a test print and see what happens.

Jackpine

What color are the lines. I just replaced a K print head. I had very fine lines in the print the direction the head travels.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thanks everyone for the help. It came down to a media setting on the machine. Incresed height by 3% and it's printing fine now. Good people on Signs 101 and great help from all.