• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut9/Rasterlink5 SG with a CJV30 not cutting

RobCompton

Having studied numerous threads on here, I've still not been able to get my CJV30 to cut out graphics that it's printed.
I have set a layer with the printing on it
I have set a layer for register marks
I have set a layer for cutting
It does the first two, but not the third. The cut options are greyed out on Rasterlink5.
If I put the CJV30 in cutting mode and send it just the cut layer, it goes back into multi-function mode and does nothing.
The base graphics programme is Corel 2023, with FineCut9, that outputs to Rasterlink5 SG which is running on the machine connected to the CJV30 - an old Dell 32bit machine.
What's more, I *think* I have he hot folder set up correctly, but files dropped into it over the network don't get picked up by Rasterlink automatically, I have to manually load them - could that be the issue?

I'm a newbie at this, so please be gentle and draw all pictures with a crayon so I can understand! ;0)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There's 2 ways to do it. The easiest way is to create a spot color in Corel named, CutContour, and make your cut line that color. Then save as a PDF and open it directly in Rasterlink. It will pick up the cut line automatically.

Other than that, when you click the, Send To Rasterlink, button in FineCut, a window will pop up and you will see your layers listed there. You need to tell the print and registration mark layers to print and the cut layer to cut. You click the little boxes next to the layers and you will see a printer icon or blade icon respectively.

Last edited:

RobCompton

There's 2 ways to do it. The easiest way is to create a spot color in Corel named, CutContour, and make your cut line that color. Then save as a PDF and open it directly in Rasterlink. It will pick up the cut line automatically.

Other than that, when you click the, Send To Rasterlink, button in FineCut, a window will pop up and you will see your layers listed there. You need to tell the print and registration mark layers to print and the cut layer to cut. You click the little boxes next to the layers and you will see a printer icon or blade icon respectively.
Thanks for the reply,

I haven't tried the first way, will see what that does as I do what you say in the second method already. It creates two files, one is a print, the other is a cut, but it (the CJV30) doesn't do anything with the cut file, or Rasterlink tells it porky pies. Will try option 1 and report back. So far I've wasted a fair bit of material doing tests, but it's all a (steep) learning curve).

RobCompton

No matter what I did, Option 2 just will not work.
For option 1, there's a "CutContour" spot colour already created in the Roland Spot Pallets, so have added that one to my "Document Pallet" but it didn't work. I'll double check the graphic file.
Rasterlink creates two files, one is the cut file, the other is the graphic, but when I look at the properties for each one in Rasterlink it has a "NO" next to the Cut after print.
I know it's teething trouble, and my inexperience which is 99.9% of the issue, once I get my head around it. I'm sure it'll work fine.
I do note that Rasterlink is still not doing anything with files placed in the Hot Folder. I have to import them manually. Again, it's most likely something I'm doing wrong.