• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fired My First Customer Today

CheapVehicleWrap

My latest was just the other day. Did 2-22x28" for a stand up sign, they wanted something that can be seen at night and they had a plywood panel for it to be painted on.

We agreed on white background & price, I came back next day installed it were they wanted, later getting a call saying can not see it. and did not like it.

I painted it alot better looking, used fluorescent for background like we agreed, installed again ..He claimed it was only worth half paid me $20 I said do not call me again.

Here's the picture. What would you charge about ?

Let me get this right... 1/2 (50%) =$20 so... 100%=$40?
$40 in NYC=4 packs of smokes. $20 in NYC=2 packs of smokes.
Hope you don't smoke.

Mike F

Let me get this right... 1/2 (50%) =$20 so... 100%=$40?
$40 in NYC=4 packs of smokes. $20 in NYC=2 packs of smokes.
Hope you don't smoke.

That's about right for jersey as well, they're around $8 a pack here now. I wouldn't be too concerned about him though, smokes down there last I heard are still $3 - $4 a pack. I'd kill for prices like that around here again.

Craig Sjoquist

Well even though I agree with many of ya what to do
..Myself mostly I've learned just to forget about it and move on when garbage likes this hits me.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Skunk cover sent works better. You can buy it at hunting stores like Cabellas, or Bass Pro Shop.

Get the 2-part scent and a coffee can.

Perforate the can a bit, then attach both bottles to the bottom of the can. Dig an appropriate sized hole, remove the caps of the scent invert it and place it in the hole, covering from view with mulch, leaves, or other landscaping detritus in a convenient location near an air intake, window, or even the front door.

It'll smell for weeks as the scent slowly drips and mixes, but they'll probably never discover where it's coming from. Just ask the AH neighbor at my parent's old house. :Big Laugh

Pat Whatley

Craig, when he only paid you half of it why didn't you go out and pick up one of the signs? He pays half, he only gets half.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Craig, when he only paid you half of it why didn't you go out and pick up one of the signs? He pays half, he only gets half.

could also cover 308 sq. inches of each sign face with a roller.- that would be half.

Craig Sjoquist

Pat yes taking the other one away did cross my thoughts indeed.

But the trouble is I have a commitment to doing my very best that every business is successful with no fault of mine, if I have to bend over backwards which I did by doing another set and do a flip the $20 pay, for them to keep in business well more power to them.

Let's say they stay in business these 2 small signs sell well, they ask for more work and from me, I WILL demand FULL payment up front and add at least $20 if not $40 extra.

Here in Orlando prices are the lowest in the nation as far as signs go to me a bargain is already there. It is a real struggle to get profitable price.

Dean Fowell

I have one he keeps coming back but never places an order people want want want but does not want to pay my wife wants me to fire him, I agree I have other stuff to do wasted Two hours and he's looking for a price cheaper then the material almost .ha ha