• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firesprint sample book

gnubler

Got mine in the mail today, anyone else order one? Looks beautiful, great job. I'm going to keep this in my sales binder to show people different materials.

Firesprint - any plans to offer printed stickers on clear vinyl? I haven't found a supplier who does short runs on clear vinyl other than Sticker Mule.

Saturn

Aging Member
There's many many sticker shops that offer good quality clear stickers, at 25-50 piece minimums. If there aren't any in Idaho, I know there's a handful in Oregon and probably a few in Washington as well. Typically slightly cheaper than StickerMule, and as good or better quality.

These would be more sticker-specific, so not really competition with larger print or sign shops generally—only for the short-run contour cut stuff merch stuff.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Thank you for the kind words on our sample book. Bridget here worked very hard on it. She's actually getting married today!

So the big reason why we don't run any clear is that we don't have white ink in any of our machines. It's something we talk about a lot around here though!

netsol

i am curious, do you NOT HAVE white ink because of the complications, lack of demand or just happenstance?

i say i would like to have white ink capability but have a TINY fraction of the volume to justify i

FireSprint.com

At our heart, we're a yard sign printer. Yard signs are about 65% of our business (used to be 90%). They don't require white ink so we have not had it.

Stickers are only something we have been doing for a couple of years.

That, and the fact that it's more cumbersome and expensive have kept us out of it for now. I do think we'll come around in the not too distant future though.

vapor103

When you got your vanguard for free from durst they didn't give your the upgrade white on that flat bed kind of weird.

FireSprint.com

We have had several printers that could have had white, we don't ink up the system. We have extra heads for CMYK in the future that way.

garyroy

FireSprint, have you posted any videos of the new location and how the shop is setup?
How was the move? Any words of wisdom for those who are planning a move in the upcoming months?

Johnny Best

So I start my day by Tex hearing sounds he can't identify. Now I read gnubler gets FireSprint free sample book and loves it but no clear material printing. Thats right, no clear material sticker printing in the sample package. That means they do not do it, move on!
Now FireSprint has to stop what he is doing for his large company to walk it through on why they do not print clear stickers. I am glad Tex and gnubler do not live next door to me to come and listen by the front door for noise or gnubler wants to know why Costco does not have celery in their sample she got of chicken salad from the old lady standing in the aisle handing them out for free.

Ldireprophil

Thank you for the kind words on our sample book. Bridget here worked very hard on it. She's actually getting married today!

So the big reason why we don't run any clear is that we don't have white ink in any of our machines. It's something we talk about a lot around here though!
Are the sample books $20 or free?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
speaking of white ink, isn't that a fairly recent thing? and why would it be recent? like why was white ink such an issue before?