• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Service Issue HP Latex 360

Blaster

Adam B.
Hey All, So quick question for some of you HP 3 series owners. I had a 16.42.10 error yesterday. Bad curing module and had a smell of something burning for a sec. Decided to fix this one myself. Pretty straight forward. My question is, does anyone know how the modules are numbered. Is it right to left or left to right. 1234-4321? It hard to tell by looking at the module which one is bad. Also, is it wise to change resistor board as well as the Service Manual says the cause is a disconnected or bad resistor? Thanks for the help.

Dan360

They're numbered left to right. I didn't change the resistor, worked just fine. What I will recommend is while you're in there, after you've taken the heater out, is clean the vents the heat passes through. They're very small holes and clog up easily with dust.

Did you check the wiring first?

Dan360

Curing units are referenced 1-4, with unit 1 located toward the Front Panel side of the printer.

The unit closest to the front panel is unit 4. They're labeled based on the connection chain from the resistor and control PCAs at the left side of the printer.

Edit: Nvm, he's right, I was looking at a different diagram

Last edited:

Blaster

Adam B.
So here's something odd. Pulled the module out, ohm'ed it out and its within tolerance. The module next to it, #1 seems to smell worse than 2. Ckd that one with meter and its also ok. Anyone else have similar issues? Ckd wiring and seems fine.

A