• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Trailer Wrap

nikdoobs

20140828_140738.jpg 20140828_140700.jpg
20140828_140632.jpg 20140828_140645.jpg

We did a trade out with a local media station network for TV and Radio Ads. This sports radio station will be parking this outside of various sporting events and broadcasting live from inside the trailer (mainly doing pregame shows for University of Louisiana football games). It will be parked outside the stadium where everyone is tailgating.

This is our first trailer wrap. I was pretty happy with it. The theme had to be sport/team neutral since it will be taken to multiple sporting events. There are a few things they changed from my initial design but overall it was pretty close. I like the simplicity of it (although I do feel the back is too busy). There were tons of lights and rivets and things to remove and go around. We ended up with a few small wrinkles but nothing terrible.

The framed in panels open up like a food truck so there are windows on the side and back. The aluminum counters fold up to make a counter.
When opened, the white panel folds up and has their logo on it which is backlit at night (this is why we had to leave it white on the outside).

The silver parts of their logo is done with brushed aluminum wrap film with looks nice in person.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry for the sideways pics. They are auto-rotated when I upload them for some reason.

nikdoobs

TheGameTrailer-3lowres.jpg Test-Print-1.jpg

I initially designed it with their logo in 3-d which I thought worked well with the background lights. It took a lot of time to photoshop the smoke/lighting effects. I was pretty upset when they told me they just wanted a flat logo, but I had to go with what they wanted.

fozzie

hopefully, all tv and radio stations are not the same. we learned a long time ago not to "do trade" with them in our local area. seems you could never get a good answer on when our supposed ads were running. kinda like you gotta trust that they are living up to their end of the bargain.

a little jaded now. when it comes to all media (and they all want to trade) we are invoice only.

Just Me

i learned a long time ago to not "trade out" with radio stations. what vinyl/lam combo you use?

nikdoobs

i learned a long time ago to not "trade out" with radio stations. what vinyl/lam combo you use?

3m Controltac Vinyl and Laminate. Also 3m 1080 Brushed Aluminum for the logo.

nikdoobs

Hopefully these guys hold up their end of the bargain. I have a friend who works there so I trust she will take care of us. They are coming out next week to film us installing reverse lit Channel Letters at a Hospital for our TV commercial.