• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Wall Vinyl Job- Installation help

dghound42

President
Hey Everyone,

My company specializes in canvas wall art and we are venturing into adhesive vinyl for walls, windows, etc.

Would someone be willing to help me with my first project? We are probably going to have to outsource the printing since we currently do not have plotters.
Here is the info:

Qty 1 - 9ft x 3ft Logo - Plotter Cut Letters - Install on painted drywall

Qty 4 - 7ft x 2ft Logo - Plotter Cut Letters - Install on warehouse style painted concrete blocks

Could really use some help learning how to install.

Thank you!

Danny

Attachments

• SportsPerformance_S_P_2C_CMYK (1).pdf
    219 KB · Views: 152

2B

+1 for YouTube very helpful.

also whoever you get to do the cutting, make sure you have them put registrations points, as this will be cut into pieces and aligned onto the wall also will be very helpful when aligning those multi colors.

there are several questions that come up looking at the install locals.
  • painted - how new is the paint job? what type of paint was used?
[FONT=&quot]Specifically the level of VOC within the paint that is on the walls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zero- and low VOC paints composition makes it difficult for anything to adhere to it. These are also classified as stain resistant, easy to clean and/or scrub able, etc...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If it is low or zero VOC then vinyl will not adhere correctly and either the wall will have to be prepped differently, a different material will have to be used or there will have to be a design change within the graphics.
[/FONT]

• concrete blocks / cinder blocks usually have texture and fairly deep grout lines which WILL require a different material to adhere. typically a high tack vinyl
  • how high off of the ground? that will make a difference on installation also

jfiscus

Rap Master
Get the 3M adhesive test kit.
You will need to test EVERY wall before applying vinyl, sorry but you'll thank me later; it'll be better than your vinyl falling off.
Also, never trust that just because one wall is painted with a certain paint that the adjoining wall is painted with the same.

For printed/cut lettering 3m has a specific vinyl developed for painted block walls.... the # escapes me at the moment, but it works great.
Mactac also has some awesome products in this area.
For larger (non-plotter-cut) pieces I recommend using Phototex as it sticks to dang near everything and removes perfectly.