• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fitting New print heads

Recently had a problem With the black head have 5 deflecting nozzels.
So i did a gentle clean with the swab just dabbing it on the head no movment in any other direction and you guessed it ended up with 12 nozzels blocking. after many clean's i got it down to 6 blocked. So in foe a long over nite bath. and see what happens.
As it happens i have a set of 3 brand new
dx-4 print heads water based and brought the solvent caps and parts to use them on a sovent printer which i may need to use one. but need a flushing solution to put through the head before fitting it as the solvent reacts with the water base ink that in the head after being tested at the epson factory. So any advise would be welcome.
thank
jason
form a wet and cold england.

Robert M

Cleaning cart

Break open or get a syringe and draw some fluid out of a cleaning cartridge. Gently push some fluid through the head by way of the nipple on the manifold until you see clear liquid comimg out in a line of spray