• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fixing Z-clip on DiBond sheet

bigben

Hi, I have a 4ft high X 5ft wide sheet of 1/8 DiBond that I need to attach to an interior wall with a Z-Clip. Without using screws, how should I bond the Z-Clip to the DiBond? I was thinking to use two rows of z-clip for a better hold. Is it overkill? If you have another suggestion other than Z-Clip, I'm open minded. Also, if I want to ''stick'' the dibond directly on the wall, would it be safer (not sure of this one)? The wall is a simple painted drywall.

Thanks.

Ben

bigben

Z clip would work fine, though a little more expensive than adhering direct to the wall, I myself prefer it since you can screw the z clip to the wall, as long as you counter sink the holes. Use VHB tape to secure it to the dibond, clean with alcohol first. I'd probably do 2 rows at that size, aim you lower row about 1/8" lower than you need it, so it has room to expand without bowing.
and how long of z-clip would you use? I was thinking maybe two rows of 3ft to make sure the VHB would hold everything.