• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flat Sheet Labels needed to be on a roll.

Fatboy

Hi there guys. I hope you are all well.
Please can someone suggest something. I print on 3 Roland machines. Lately we have been printing more labels than ever before. The problem is that people need them in rolls(for their application machines) and not the flat sheets that I have been providing them with.Has anyone got a solution for this?

Niel

a77

Been thinking about this one before as well..
Sometimes outsourcing is not possible due to colour control, or timeline etc.
Anybody run them on their inkjet and then put them in the cutter and slit them into long rolls to be rewound on a short core?

I've been tempted to just cut right through a printed/weeded/wound core of labels to make a label roll for my customers. Still need to experiment with that one.

Tony McD

I have a customer that like them on a roll...but doesn't use any type of machine, they just like them rolled.
Been printing them 15 labels with (30" material) by about 30 in length. This gives me about 450 labels.
With a straight edge, cut them into strips, lay them out on the work table using the grid to keep straight,
with the backing paper up.
Put a bit of masking tape on the backing paper to make longer strips, and roll those up.