• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Double Sided Printing

sarfh

Good Evening All, First post here. Thanks for being kind...

Anyway, We have a Roland LEJ-640 UV Flatbed printer. We are having difficulties printing double sided signs on any material. Whether it be coro or pvc or anything really.

If we print onto a blank 18x24 jobsite sign, we can center it on the material and basically we get an acceptable print. It's not perfect but it works. Issue is when we try to print onto a 4'x8' sheet. If we try to print two 18x24 signs on a 4x8 sheet and flip and then print on the other side the alignment is always a 1/4" or more off. We are using VersaWorks as our print software and in both cases (4'x8' sheet, or 18x24 blank) we print with centering on media and use similar settings between the two.

Just curious if anyone has any basic ideas or advice or pointers or whatevers to try to get this annoying issue solved.

Thanks again!!!

DerbyCitySignGuy

Are you using perfect/square cut material? There's a pretty good chance your 4'x8' sheet isn't actually 4'x8'. Coro and styrene especially are almost always at least 1/4" big and rarely square.

sarfh

Are you using perfect/square cut material? There's a pretty good chance your 4'x8' sheet isn't actually 4'x8'. Coro and styrene especially are almost always at least 1/4" big and rarely square.
I'd like to think it's accurately 4'x8'. I just measured 4 sheets and they all are true. They are square and are aligned with the machine square.

Thanks for a quick reply!

What we have done is read the material for size on side A. Then flip and calibrate the material again for side B.

Is the artwork able to bleed off? What I would do oversize the artwork if you do need true edge to edge printing.