• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed printer and cnc same room?

chafro

Hello guys we are installing a swissqprint and a esko cutter in our shop. I'm wondering is installing them in the same room a problem.

How much dust does a cutter generate?

should we put them side by side to make the workflow more efficient or to just leave printers in one room (clean room) and install the cutter in the warehouse (we also pack and ship in this side) closer to the materials. The warehouse and the print room are connect with each other separated with industrial strip doors.

any advice?

rfulford

Keep them separate. The idea of keeping them next to each other is appealing but in actuality, they will probably not run at the same speed anyway. Most likely, one will be waiting or the other to finish. No matter how good your debris vac and air filtration, you will be generating dust. Keep the flatbed area clean I say.

Ditchmiester

Keep them separate. The idea of keeping them next to each other is appealing but in actuality, they will probably not run at the same speed anyway. Most likely, one will be waiting or the other to finish. No matter how good your debris vac and air filtration, you will be generating dust. Keep the flatbed area clean I say.

+1

The vac system will pick up 80-90 percent of the dust and chips. The rest will just create issues with the printer.