• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Printer For Us?

daenterpri

Hey Guys!

I need your advice. I'm pretty sure our next printer needs to be a flatbed. Now that we have a flatbed cutter, it kinda makes sense to have a flatbed printer. We would have about $5k in just wholesale printing a month from one customer if we had one today. The problem is, I think we need something that can print flat stock of all sizes up to 4' x 8' AND we need something that will print roll to roll because we do print a decent amount of barrier film, and it would be much better printed UV rather than latex. AND we need something that will print double sided with really good precision.

We've been looking at HP, CET and FLORA. The problem with HP and CET, going the hybrid rout, is that their double sided registration can be sketchy we hear. And then going with CET's non-hybrid, it will not do Roll-to-Roll printing for our large banners and barrier film like we would need. We've been also looking into the Flora UV printer since it can do roll-to-roll and double sided accurately. The problem is that none of the posts I've read on Signs101 seem to be that excited about the Flora printer.

Are their any other printers you would recommend us looking into that can do 4'x8', Roll-to-Roll AND double sided really well?

Thanks for your help guys!

daenterpri

Some flatbeds that have a roll to roll option...

Oce Arizona / Fuji Acuity
Agfa Jeti
Jetrix
SwissQ

Thank you! So really, that Flora may be a good option for me. I just really wish I could hear a little more positive feedback on it. Doesn't seem like people have really bad things to say about it, but it doesn't sound like it's a dream come true kinda printer. Maybe I can get some references.

Thanks again!