• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed UV prints + Decals peeling the ink off

equippaint

Like any business realty seems easy when you know nothing about it.
I'm sure they don't sell a 500k house every day and they have huge overheads.
Very good point. Id venture to say that they spin their wheels and waste more time on clients than most any other profession. The flip side is that its not any of our problem, they made the feast or famine choice in careers, I didnt. I dont have homeruns nor do I starve half the year and squeeze my vendors waiting for the next hit.

ikarasu

I'm not really racking my brain on it. Whether it's a $1 profit or a $100 profit... we try to put out a good product. We used to screen print everything, and it worked great - Obviously paint bonds way, way better than UV ink. Our process / coro was picked and designed around screen printing it,and since we changed how we do it... I figured I'd re-visit it and see if we can produce a better sign by changing a step along the way. I had a feeling it's the nature of the beast, but I thought I'd ask just incase. I'm sure we're not the only company UV printing realtor signs... so we can't be the only ones having problems with realtors throwing stickers on them, I was hoping someone found a magical step that helped protect the ink. It seems liquid overlam might be an option...but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. We pretty much only flatbed realty signs, or temp 1-2 month throwaway coro signs... Anything else like Alupanel we usually roll to roll it, makes it glossier and even using a film like IJ40 it only costs a few bucks per sign. So odds are we'll just note in our order form that Coro signs are not to be used with decals. Or give a vinyl option on coro for a couple bucks more.

And I don't envy realtors. Some enjoy it... but imagine dealing with that one customer who demands you do 50 revisions until the artwork is perfect. That's what showing houses is like... Windows too small... faces west... neighborhood is bad... neighbors seem loud... when we bought our place we looked at dozens before. submitted offers on about 6 we liked... went over asking price on 3... then finally added 50K over asking on this townhouse just so we could stop visiting houses... the thought of having to do that day after day for other people to find a house... I wouldn't last! So yes, it seems easy, and seems like a minimal effort job... It's probably the last field I'd want to get into.