• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexcut

chafro

Hi guys,

Anyone with experience with flex cut? I have a few questions.

my main questions are: how clean is the cut after you take out the cut part? Can you see the marks or is it a clean cut? Have anyone contour cut large images? Anyone uses this plotter to complete cut all the way through? Can you cut complete rolls like this?

thanks for the answers.

FrankW

For the main application FlexCut is intended for the cut is very clean: when cutting labels out of self-adhesive vinyl, the vinyl will be completely cutted ... only the backing will not. So the label itself will be perfect. If cutting media without a support which holds the main cutout in place, it depends on the media how clean it will be. Some Paper will "crack" easier out than some kind of plastic.

You can't cut all the way through, but that's not Summas fault: as soon as cutting holes in any media, the media looses stability, what will have influence to the ongoing cutting quality on roll cutters of every brand. If wanting to do so you should look for a flatbed solution.

chafro

The plotter.

I'm hoping I can make a summa cut high volume of backlight ( plastic) with flex cut so I can invest 12k not 130k+ for a flat bet cutter.

but my client needs a very nice finish. If the flex cut leaves small marks in the half cut material then it won't work.