• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10.0.1 - Roland - Too Much Black Ink

lodcomm

Hello Folks,

I'm running flexi-10.0.1 with my trusty old roland sc-500. The problem I am having is that on color prints, the software prints excessive black. If I have a black/white only decal/image I am printing I can print in greyscale mode, in this mode the black appears to be sent in a normal ratio.

On flexi 8, I was able to individually adjust the ink limits and had the black channel dialed down 50% - I cannot find the same option on the flexi 10.0.1 production manager.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on limiting the black output?

thanks

-t

printhog

What kind of color management software and colorimetry tools do you have? Spectrophotometer, densitometer, WAG?

its only a freaking sign!

lodcomm

What kind of color management software and colorimetry tools do you have? Spectrophotometer, densitometer, WAG?

Thanks for the reply - I don't have any of the tools used to create ICC profiles unfortunately.

-t

printhog

I was going to give you a detailed reply but coffee reminded me that you have several variables still..

Did this issue just start?
Was it printing good before?
If so, what is different now?
Have you reinstalled the media library?

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hello Folks,

I'm running flexi-10.0.1 with my trusty old roland sc-500. The problem I am having is that on color prints, the software prints excessive black. If I have a black/white only decal/image I am printing I can print in greyscale mode, in this mode the black appears to be sent in a normal ratio.

On flexi 8, I was able to individually adjust the ink limits and had the black channel dialed down 50% - I cannot find the same option on the flexi 10.0.1 production manager.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on limiting the black output?

thanks

-t
Contact tim at: timotyen@yahoo.com

Mastermatt87

I had a similar problem with my truevis make sure your selecting the Roland colors if your using that profile I have versaworks dual.

I noticed I wasn't clicking spot colors.
Checked spot colors and the problem was solved.