• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10.5 and i1 Pro 2

Davis25r

Good evening all,

Looking for some guidance, I am currently running Flexi 10.5 (old I know, but I got it with my printer and I have no issues with it.) I have read alot of comments on here about people using the x-rite i1 Pro series spectrophotometers with this version of flexi with no issue.

I managed to snag onto a i1 Pro 2 for a good price, so that I can up my game on colors. I am running a L26500, that I picked up 2 years ago, and I am riding that puppy to its grave.

I haven't actually received the i1 device yet, but I am trying to learn and be ahead of the game.

My issue so far, seems to be that when in Flexi 10.5 in the Color Profiler, the i1 Pro2 is not an option under devices. See the attached screenshot for a list of x-rite devices available.

Are people using the original "x-rite eye one" option? I did read one post on here about the i1 Pro's using emulation on the older flexi systems, or will the i1pro2 become available when connected via USB to my laptop? Or am I able to add the device information into flexi via program manager.

Let me know if anyone can assist, would appreciate.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1651020884987.png
    1651020884987.png
    468.3 KB · Views: 292

FrankW

Flexi 10 is too old to support i1 Pro 2 native, but the Pro 2 is downwards compatible with the first generation i1, so you can configure the i1-Option available to use your device.

Vassago

Or you can always generate a profile externally.

I do it on all media, different Whites are not the same