• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 sequential numbers

JohnBFryJr

Is there a way to quickly set up 001 through 350 without typing each line?

I'm new to flexi and contour cut. I did type out 001 to 010 and I can't figure out how to contour cut a rectangle around each set of 3 numbers. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

If I have to type it all out I'm fine with that. I'm just making sure I'm not missing something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can be done - a little complicated but not too hard.

Set up your grid of rectangles to be your contour cuts
Under the tab Arrange>Step and repeat - quantity (350) and spacing .1" or whatever you want to make them easy to weed.

Set your text (001) - font - color - size
Center it in the top rectangle of your group of boxes.
Copy it once and center this one in the box right below the top one.
Get the distance between the bottom of the top text and the top of the text in the second box.
This is your spacing for your "auto serialize" - write it down and delete the this second copy of 001.
Select the 001 and under the Arrange tab > Auto serialize > number of copies (350) > row spacing (this is the saved number from above)
Select the text to be replaced from the list (001) > next
New window > Auto serialize > start (001) OK > finish
Bring your line of serialized text so that 001 is centered on the original 001. If your spacing measurement was good all the numbers should be centered in their boxes. If not you can delete and adjust the spacing & try again or ungroup the list and align them to their respective boxes manually.
You can select all the rectangles in the design editor and convert them to contour cuts Arrange > contour cuts > make contour cut.
You don't have to make them one long list from 0 to 350 - you can arrange them into a grid that will fit the material / cutter by setting up columns and rows that match in both the step & repeat and auto serialize windows.
Get rid of the one extra 001 in the top box.
That should do it.

wayne k
guam usa

JohnBFryJr

Holy moly. I'll need more coffee. I'll give that a try. Thanks. That's awesome.

2ny

Is there a way to quickly set up 001 through 350 without typing each line?

I'm new to flexi and contour cut. I did type out 001 to 010 and I can't figure out how to contour cut a rectangle around each set of 3 numbers. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

If I have to type it all out I'm fine with that. I'm just making sure I'm not missing something.

Can be done - a little complicated but not too hard.

Set up your grid of rectangles to be your contour cuts
Under the tab Arrange>Step and repeat - quantity (350) and spacing .1" or whatever you want to make them easy to weed.

Set your text (001) - font - color - size
Center it in the top rectangle of your group of boxes.
Copy it once and center this one in the box right below the top one.
Get the distance between the bottom of the top text and the top of the text in the second box.
This is your spacing for your "auto serialize" - write it down and delete the this second copy of 001.
Select the 001 and under the Arrange tab > Auto serialize > number of copies (350) > row spacing (this is the saved number from above)
Select the text to be replaced from the list (001) > next
New window > Auto serialize > start (001) OK > finish
Bring your line of serialized text so that 001 is centered on the original 001. If your spacing measurement was good all the numbers should be centered in their boxes. If not you can delete and adjust the spacing & try again or ungroup the list and align them to their respective boxes manually.
You can select all the rectangles in the design editor and convert them to contour cuts Arrange > contour cuts > make contour cut.
You don't have to make them one long list from 0 to 350 - you can arrange them into a grid that will fit the material / cutter by setting up columns and rows that match in both the step & repeat and auto serialize windows.
Get rid of the one extra 001 in the top box.
That should do it.

wayne k
guam usa
Hi.
You do not have to set up the rectangles first. You set up one rectangle that fits your longest text/number and after that you can just choose both rectangle and text and perform the "auto serialize" as described. It should work fine this way I believe.

Best regards
Tony Kongsmark

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Hi.
You do not have to set up the rectangles first. You set up one rectangle that fits your longest text/number and after that you can just choose both rectangle and text and perform the "auto serialize" as described. It should work fine this way I believe.

Best regards
Tony Kongsmark
You are correct (unless SAi made a major and stupid change)- Auto Serialize will duplicate the shape and the text.

JohnBFryJr

Made 350 of them in less that a minute. To have the zeros before the 1 put 001 in the first number field. Man that was to easy. I've done that the long way several times in Coreldraw.

And thanks for all the help.