• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Flexi 21 & Epson SC80600, are Color Bars even possible?

natallica

Graphics Guru
Anybody out there running this combo? I generally like to run a color bar on the left side of our prints, one....it helps diagnose print quality issues...and B... it also aids in cutting after laminating (It keeps me from mistaking loading the cutter backwards) :)
I can't seem to find a setting on the Epson to run this by default, and if I have it added in Flexi, it prints the bars directly next to Summa OPOS marks, hindering the reading of the marks with no space between.

Any idea where these settings can be changed?

Thanks in advance!
-N8

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It doesn't have additional settings for the color bars.
What if you add some margin to the sides, does it move those?

Saturn

Aging Member
I print on an eco-solvent with 30" inch material, so I never need the added accuracy of the XY Summa line, but I would also use it to quickly tell up from down when cutting stuff that wasn't on a roll.

Unlike Onyx, you should be able to specify one barcode (leading edge) rather than having them top and bottom. That wouldn't help with the color bar, but would still leave you with a landmark for orientation.

natallica

Graphics Guru
Well, surprisingly...I went ahead and sent a few logos to test and the S160T read the marks with no issue.
Pic on the left is the Flexi preview, and that had me worried it wasn't going to work. But I was wrong.
At least now I know.
I couldn't find anywhere were I could add a margin in Flexi that would work. Profile isn't for white Ink so a .5" margin with a background color wouldn't work. But all is good now.

Thanks
-N8
20210723_131255.jpg
20210723_133849.jpg