• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 21 sign & print

Richard2717

I had to upgrade my Flexi from 10 to 21 recently and am having a few issues. I used to have someone else in house doing this but they retired and I am semi retired. Last time I was running the art stuff we were using CasMate lol. I lost my hearing about 10 years ago or I would just call Flexi so I am hoping someone can help out.

My 1st issue is I am having trouble getting the standard color pallet up on the bottom of the design screen. I have colors down there but it is only like 15 basic colors. In version 10 we had it set up with oracal color swatch but I can't seem to get this one to convert. When I open the advance settings, I can see all of the different choices for manufacturers but can't get it to change.

Thanks
Richard

weyandsign

Right click on your color pallet at the bottom and click on Open Table.. Goto the Swatch / Library folder. I personally use the Corel CMYK one, and also the Pantone solid coated one. When you close flexi it will ask if you want to save the color pallet. Say yes, and next time you open the program it will be there.

Richard2717

Right click on your color pallet at the bottom and click on Open Table.. Goto the Swatch / Library folder. I personally use the Corel CMYK one, and also the Pantone solid coated one. When you close flexi it will ask if you want to save the color pallet. Say yes, and next time you open the program it will be there.
Worked perfect. Thanks so much, I figured there was something I was overlooking.

Richard2717

I have another problem now that I Have the color issue fixed. In the attached file the yellow letters have a gradient that I am having issue reproducing. It also has an effect on the border that is more like an engine turn on gold leaf. I am trying to learn how to accomplish this.
I have gone to the fill stroke editor
selected gradient
clicked on advance settings
chose 2 different color yellows
tried all 4 of the available patterns for the gradient with no success.

What am I doing wrong or not doing at all?

Disregard the yellow background in the file it is supposed to be dark blue

Thanks
Richard

Attachments

• signs 101.pdf
    262.6 KB · Views: 127

weyandsign

In Flexi, you would need to goto text -> Break apart. And apply a circular gradient to each letter individually (use the eye dropper to copy the gradient). The border is a little trickier. You would need to create a circle with a circular gradient, then goto arrange -> step and repeat to create a repeating pattern. The you would need to overlay the border over the circles and apply a mask. For the top arched part, you may need to lay the circles individually, or use the circular step and repeat option to get it close. Then mask over it.

Richard2717

In Flexi, you would need to goto text -> Break apart. And apply a circular gradient to each letter individually (use the eye dropper to copy the gradient). The border is a little trickier. You would need to create a circle with a circular gradient, then goto arrange -> step and repeat to create a repeating pattern. The you would need to overlay the border over the circles and apply a mask. For the top arched part, you may need to lay the circles individually, or use the circular step and repeat option to get it close. Then mask over it.

Ok that is what I was doing wrong. I did not break the text apart. Thank you again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Richard

JamesLam

These are terrific. Any teaser for tomorrow's lesson?

mobileartdept

MobileArtDept.com Your Image Our Priority!
Wow, was a wiz with Omega years back after much manual vector converting - but after that have transitioned to Flexi (12yrs now) and haven't looked back, except maybe to keep dreaming someday to be as quick with vector editing, but flexi does such a great job doing most of it on its own... Again, Wow, Thanks for the tips on Flexi! I Never Stop Learning! ;)