• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 22 barcode

brammekeuh

Hi guys,

I have a question about barcodes.

I need very often to print the same file again and again.

Nog I was thinking, is it possible to make a barcode for a file, that I often have to print.

So I scan the code and it prints automatically the file. Or is it possible that the pc opens the right file and click print, is also a good solution.

I hope someone has experience with this and can help, thanks!

Attila Nagy

You keeping all the Cut files in a barcode server. and the cutter can pick them up automatically after scanned the code. It could be SummaCutter Control, or Flexi production manager itself.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't really know why you would need the barcode part. It's just an extra step which you can handle with simple macro or anything similar placed on desktop etc.
Depends on your RIP how to implement it.

Attila Nagy

You are sending the job 1x. Print and Cut job at the same time. Mark to keep the cut job in Production manager. After that you do not need to come back for the computer. Printers with hard drive can repeat the print job as well. 1 person could just print and cut without touching computers.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You are sending the job 1x. Print and Cut job at the same time. Mark to keep the cut job in Production manager. After that you do not need to come back for the computer. Printers with hard drive can repeat the print job as well. 1 person could just print and cut without touching computers.
You are not reading what he wants. It's not about cutting, he was asking to scan a barcode to send a print job out.