• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 22 (HP Basic) not sending to print

Tarot

So, some backstory: I work for a resort and my employer provided zero training on signmaking and wide format printing so everything I know has been thanks to Professor Google, you lovely folks of the forums, and trial and error. Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of resources for noobs like myself that are relevant. I typically mount foam board signs and make small window clings using client logos, nothing big or complicated. Feel free to dumb down your explanations because I'm definitely not an expert.

The issue:
Job does not send to print, stays in "Ready" without ripping

What I'm working with:
HP Latex 335
Flexi 22 HP Basic Edition
Photoshop
An IT department that knows very little about printers and nothing about wide format printers (restricted access to much of my pc/network settings comes complimentary with this one)
A 3rd party company that services my printers (who would love to charge me to come fix what might be a just a skill issue)

What I have done:
Fully power cycled printer
Updated printer firmware (with another power cycle)
Deleted/resubmitted the job numerous times (also trying different file types just in case)
Restarted Flexi
Restarted my PC
Deleted and reinstalled drivers
Redownloaded raster library within Flexi

I printed 2 small clings with zero issue immediately prior to all of this but because I'm a perfectionist I decided to try to improve the quality on what may just be awful media. (Patchy, "static" looking prints which is a whole different issue... thanks Nekoosa) I was also getting head strikes so I went into the substrate profile to adjust the vacuum, nothing fancy and nothing that should have caused this issue. Now, whenever I hit send on my job it just switches immediately to "Ready" without ever ripping, even when I select RIP instead. I'm really at a loss as to what could be the issue as the job prior came out just fine and I never got an error code that I'm aware of other than a super quick flash of a dialog that mentioned something about "parameters" but disappeared before I could see what it was about. I spoke directly with SAi who advised me to delete drivers and redownload the raster library as well as the usual troubleshooting ideas. I've been avoiding the things that require IT involvement, like uninstalling the software, just because I want to do as much as I can first before having to drag another department into the mix!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

***Edit - I just realized I posted this under General and not Software like I thought... sorry for that! Teaches me not to have 20 tabs open at once :')

Last edited:

Tarot

If anyone else comes across this or a similar issue... what finally resolved it was to uninstall Flexi fully, including going in and deleting files left over in the Program Files folders and reinstalling the program.

clarksigns

So, some backstory: I work for a resort and my employer provided zero training on signmaking and wide format printing so everything I know has been thanks to Professor Google, you lovely folks of the forums, and trial and error. Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of resources for noobs like myself that are relevant. I typically mount foam board signs and make small window clings using client logos, nothing big or complicated. Feel free to dumb down your explanations because I'm definitely not an expert.

The issue:
Job does not send to print, stays in "Ready" without ripping

What I'm working with:
HP Latex 335
Flexi 22 HP Basic Edition
Photoshop
An IT department that knows very little about printers and nothing about wide format printers (restricted access to much of my pc/network settings comes complimentary with this one)
A 3rd party company that services my printers (who would love to charge me to come fix what might be a just a skill issue)

What I have done:
Fully power cycled printer
Updated printer firmware (with another power cycle)
Deleted/resubmitted the job numerous times (also trying different file types just in case)
Restarted Flexi
Restarted my PC
Deleted and reinstalled drivers
Redownloaded raster library within Flexi

I printed 2 small clings with zero issue immediately prior to all of this but because I'm a perfectionist I decided to try to improve the quality on what may just be awful media. (Patchy, "static" looking prints which is a whole different issue... thanks Nekoosa) I was also getting head strikes so I went into the substrate profile to adjust the vacuum, nothing fancy and nothing that should have caused this issue. Now, whenever I hit send on my job it just switches immediately to "Ready" without ever ripping, even when I select RIP instead. I'm really at a loss as to what could be the issue as the job prior came out just fine and I never got an error code that I'm aware of other than a super quick flash of a dialog that mentioned something about "parameters" but disappeared before I could see what it was about. I spoke directly with SAi who advised me to delete drivers and redownload the raster library as well as the usual troubleshooting ideas. I've been avoiding the things that require IT involvement, like uninstalling the software, just because I want to do as much as I can first before having to drag another department into the mix!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

***Edit - I just realized I posted this under General and not Software like I thought... sorry for that! Teaches me not to have 20 tabs open at once :')
are you on Scanvec Amiable website...if you are on the Flexi (monthly subscription) cloud you can get with their tech support and they will figure it out...I had this same issue when Flexi updated from 21 to 22 and I had to look for "Send Mode" and change it to send now and that fixed it.....before it was in the "Hold" position and never would send..feel free to contact me at 918-291-3411 and maybe we can fix it over the phone