• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 22 subscription or buy opinions requested.

appropriate1

Small two person shop. Cutting vinyl, sandblasted signs, 43 years in business. No color printer and don't want one...I job out printing all printing and make money on it without the space or investment, which works for me. So, I need only Flexi Sign, which is $1800 to buy, discounted a bit through a supplier. I am currently running Flexi 22 subscription at $60 per month. Flexi has just taken away the cloud clip art and vehicle outlines, which I can replace with a lifetime membership to Vehicle Outlines for $300 one time. I use one a month and they also have some nice backgrounds. I am very inclined to just buy the software and stop my Flexi monthly subscription, but will also lose font finder, which is tied to my system and will only match what fonts I have available (5000), if I choose that search option. I use font finder every couple of days and the font finder websites will work, but may give me mostly fonts I don't have when matching, so it will take much longer to find the right font that I own. Software purchase and Outlines payback on buying is about 35 months and I plan to work another 8 years. Opinions welcome.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What cutter do you have? Switch to Flexidesign and use a separate software to run the cutter (free) if possible.
Then it would be only half the price monthly.

Last edited:

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Small two person shop. Cutting vinyl, sandblasted signs, 43 years in business. No color printer and don't want one...I job out printing all printing and make money on it without the space or investment, which works for me. So, I need only Flexi Sign, which is $1800 to buy, discounted a bit through a supplier. I am currently running Flexi 22 subscription at $60 per month. Flexi has just taken away the cloud clip art and vehicle outlines, which I can replace with a lifetime membership to Vehicle Outlines for $300 one time. I use one a month and they also have some nice backgrounds. I am very inclined to just buy the software and stop my Flexi monthly subscription, but will also lose font finder, which is tied to my system and will only match what fonts I have available (5000), if I choose that search option. I use font finder every couple of days and the font finder websites will work, but may give me mostly fonts I don't have when matching, so it will take much longer to find the right font that I own. Software purchase and Outlines payback on buying is about 35 months and I plan to work another 8 years. Opinions welcome.
One man shop here i run flexi standalone since day 1 which was in 1996 for vinyl. Never have had a problem. I have upgraded a couple times but i do nkt do much but cut in my flexi i design in illustrator which i have standalone creative suite as well. If these corporations ever try and force a subscription only model that is when i retire lol. Seriously though. I dont use font finder and i am going to lokk up the vehicle outlines that sounds like a great deal. Go standalone you will love the money you save. Those of us in business for decades would have funded these corporations single handedly. Imagine the money you spent since say 2000 on monthly subscriptions. 23 years @ $2000 per year approx for a couple… thats $46000! This is their plan. Ill never make these blood suckers rich.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Had not thought of that option. Thanks...will check it out.
You can run your cutter right from Corel/AI sending tasks directly as to regular desktop printer. Profit.
For any extra options like nesting and things you can consider eCut plugin which is about 50 bucks lifetime

Attila Nagy

New Graphtec CE7000. Had not thought of that option. Thanks...will check it out.
Graphtec Cutters have FREE CuttingMaster 4 Illustrator Plugin. Adds Flexi's Production manager to Illustrator or Corel (forget CM5). or some with Graphtec Pro Studio licence, what is FlexiSIGN itself.