• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.5 w/ Graphtec FC-9000 compatibility?

BetaCtz

Long story short

I've been plotting on my old Graphtec ce5000 for quite some time now.
The machine has bit it and I'm looking to upgrade to an FC-9000 (found a decent deal).

I looked in the machine list in the Production Manager to see if I could add a FC-9000, no dice.

At the moment I'm not doing and printing, just cutting.
Is there some kind of workaround that will allow me to continue to use my current version of Flexi 8.5? I'd like to stray from a monthly subscription if possible.

If I can find a copy & license (legit) of a disc version of Flexi, what versions include the FC-9000? (I've searched high & low, this info doesn't seem to be anywhere).

- Cheers

jimdtg

CuttingMaster 4 is free for Graphtec's users and it support FC-9000. If you would like to take more, you can try with GRAPHTEC PRO STUDIO PLUS or GRAPHTEC PRO STUDIO, it's same as Flexi.

signheremd

Upgrading to Flexi 19 is not a terrible idea... But your FC9000 will work in standard plot mode if you name it a FC8600 and choose that in your drop down. I don't think you can plot using crop marks unless you have it installed as FC9000 and choose that in the drop down.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Upgrading to Flexi 19 is not a terrible idea... But your FC9000 will work in standard plot mode if you name it a FC8600 and choose that in your drop down. I don't think you can plot using crop marks unless you have it installed as FC9000 and choose that in the drop down.

Also, because its Flexi 8.5, SAi won't honor it as an upgrade because there were too many versions in-between. Best to do a subscription to version 22 so it supports whatever new machinery you purchase if you don't want to use the software that comes with the Graphtec.

Drip Dry

Long story short

I've been plotting on my old Graphtec ce5000 for quite some time now.
The machine has bit it and I'm looking to upgrade to an FC-9000 (found a decent deal).

I looked in the machine list in the Production Manager to see if I could add a FC-9000, no dice.

At the moment I'm not doing and printing, just cutting.
Is there some kind of workaround that will allow me to continue to use my current version of Flexi 8.5? I'd like to stray from a monthly subscription if possible.

If I can find a copy & license (legit) of a disc version of Flexi, what versions include the FC-9000? (I've searched high & low, this info doesn't seem to be anywhere).

- Cheers
I have a 7000 that's not in the list of supported plotters.
I use the 5000 from the list. It works fine
It also cuts using cropmarks

I would think the 9000 would work the same way as well

BetaCtz

Update: I picked up the fc9000-140. So far just learning the advanced details of it

I'm able to run cutmaster4 plugins from corel and illustrator just fine for me current needs.
Once I get into a print/cut workflow I'll likely just upgrade or see if I can suffice out of CM4 with crops/cuts.

Now to figure out why the far left grit roller is rubbing on the metal shield...