• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 - Troubles with corners

stmpc

Hey all.... I had flexi 7, and recently gone to 8.... and 8 seems to try to add rounding to all the corners, and if they're sharp corners, it adds a little bubble.... it is skewing my text and making more work... anyone know if there is a way to disable this "feature"?

Thanks!!
~Sean

Creative_Lance

Hey all.... I had flexi 7, and recently gone to 8.... and 8 seems to try to add rounding to all the corners, and if they're sharp corners, it adds a little bubble.... it is skewing my text and making more work... anyone know if there is a way to disable this "feature"?

Thanks!!
~Sean
I can only think of one thing that causes that when you draw a rectangle, make sure the rounded corners is set to "0" in design central.
I hope that will help.
As for skewing the text... i don't know about that one.
Good luck!

Attachments

• Rounded.jpg
    Rounded.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 97

stmpc

Thanks for the reply!

I do all my artwork in corel.... then export to eps.... flexi 7 had nice crisp corners.... 8 is adding little loops on the inside and outside corners.... and as a result, distorting the rest of the cut..... I can see where this might be okay for larger text, but these letters are 5/8".... I can't sell this.... (see attached)

Attachments

• P5120094.jpg
    P5120094.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 98

stmpc

No... just standard "impact".... same stock file I've used for a year.... This attachment was cut with flexi 7.5 less than a couple weeks ago.... (not as clear as it's premasked)
~S

Attachments

• P5120095.jpg
    P5120095.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 104

stmpc

Found the problem.... Knife offset was set too high.... Phew!... thought I had a brick!

Thanks for all the input! I appreciate it!

~Sean