• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Color Corrections (HP LATEX 315)

CKCUSTOMKC

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I was doing a print job yesterday that I set up horizontally in illustrator, but then in flexi I rotated it vertically, and the print turned out black. the print job was pantone 5395C already so it was pretty dark to begin with. however there was a color shift between the horizontal version in illustrator and the rotated version that came off the press. Two part question, can someone explain to me why it is doing that in layman's and technical terms? ( I need to be able to explain it to my team in non technical terms and I am not very good at simplifying terms like that.) And second question is, is there anyway to ensure the color comes out correctly when rotating it within flexi?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I can't think of a reason rotation would affect color. My guess is some other setting got switched. If you send the job over to Flexi and don't rotate it, does it print correctly?

CKCUSTOMKC

I can't think of a reason rotation would affect color. My guess is some other setting got switched. If you send the job over to Flexi and don't rotate it, does it print correctly?
yes, did a reprint and with the files vertically and the print turned out fine, I have been combing through every detail and so far I havent found anything that would have caused the issue yet. my next step is to test the theory of vertical vs horizontal set up in illustrator, and then just leaving it alone when I send it through flexi

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Its only my theory but maybe it was your first print and there was some blocked nozzles etc. and that resulted in wrong colour output.

Then when you printed it again things were clearing up already.

Rotating should not really affect the color that much.

Other than that maybe there was just something wrong in flexi for the first run..

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I'm thinking you have extra layers or some other things improperly imported and not being handled by Flexi the right way. Try exporting the artwork in raster format from Ai before importing into Flexi.

rjssigns

Flexi can do some weird stuff all by itself. Some time back I had a stock job that had no issues printing.
Same file I used for years, pull it up, print lam, cut everything's good.
Fast forward a bit and the client needs more decals. Sure no problem.
Open the file in Flexi and the decals had a bright pink background and there was no way to change it successfully.
Change to the correct color, save, reopen and it was pink.
Had to rebuild the file. It's been good ever since.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my students. When dealing with computers, software and printers anything is possible, and the possible will always occur when faced with a drop dead date.
Just because you paid a ton of money for something doesn't mean it's error proof. We have instances with the Indigo digital press that have had level 2 technicians scratching their heads.
And that rig is north of 700 grand.