• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Color Trace Leaving Red "Ghost" Outline

Kollman32

I have had problems with this in other versions of Flexi, but I am currently using Flexi 12:

Edit/Add: The raster image colors were red and white(hence why I used color trace). The vector was changed to the black shown below.

-When I have a raster image and use the color trace function, I delete or move the raster image in the background and group/edit the vector pieces to tie in to the wrap or design. If you zoom in real close to the vector, you can barely see a red "ghost" outline, but when you zoom way out it appears as if you had a thin red stroke on the outside of the vector. It stays with the original vector too, meaning if you add another stroke to the vector, the red ghost outline stays with the original outline of the vector(see the image attached). I don't have any problem using the black/white trace as a side not. Any help is appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 2017-01-13_11h47_36.png
    2017-01-13_11h47_36.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 246

SignosaurusRex

Just a thought... It's possible that you have multiple traces of the same object that are stacked on top of each other and grouped as one. One of the traces has red as it's assigned stroke color. Not sure how or why it happens, but I have experienced the same issue once in a while.

Kollman32

That was a thought as well. I'll try to break it apart and see if there is anything lingering.
Another thing I did was make a black square and drag it over top of the shown design(the "P" shape), highlighted both, and did a "Objects>Weld>Common" and it kept the same ghost shadow. If I remember right, it only seems to do it when I trace red colors. Maybe that has something to do with it?

bannertime

Select the object that has the apparent outline. Find the Fill/Stroke Editor Box, typically right next to the Design Central box button. When it pops up, click the middle tab (a pencil icon). Click the clear button. The red outline should go away.

Kollman32

Select the object that has the apparent outline. Find the Fill/Stroke Editor Box, typically right next to the Design Central box button. When it pops up, click the middle tab (a pencil icon). Click the clear button. The red outline should go away.

Awesome bannertime---thank you!!!!!

bannertime

No problemo. Some times Flexi ads a stroke to certain elements. So, check it when importing graphics from other programs. Especially when designing for vinyl applications.

Kollman32

If you had any idea how much time in the last 6 months I've spend on this from random jobs, etc., you would laugh! One thing I love about the graphics world and particularly Flexi, is that you are never done learning. There are so many tools and features, that its fun to learn new ones!

bannertime

I've been using Flexi since Flexi 6 I believe. That's the earliest I can remember. I was a kid. I'm just now getting to the point that I use about 95% of Flexi's tools. I don't use some of the effects, never will, but everything else I've ventured into. I just started using the Templates feature, which is excellent at creating quick production sheets and proofs with customer and job info.