• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi contour cut

Josh Kuper

I import an EPS file from Gerber Composer (no CutContour was applied) and there is automatically a contour cut applied to everything when I open it in Flexi to print it. Is there a way to select the whole EPS file in Flexi and Un-Apply all strokes or contour cuts and manually go in and only apply a contour cut around the edge to create the sticker. Seems like a simple process but i'm not seeing it

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You mean production manager?
No, there is no way to create a contour in production manager. The outline contour I think you can disable so it doesn't always pop up I think.

Reveal1

I wonder if you are referring to Flexi Design? I've never seen Flexi Design add randomly contours to any imported file (when we didn't know better, we used to import AI derived PDF files to Design to add cut lines before sending to PM), but importing files to Flexi design before sending to FLexi Production Manager can do strange things like change colors, add random mask elements, so wouldn't surprise if importing a file created in a program like Composer would create random cut lines.

Patrice Brunelle

I import an EPS file from Gerber Composer (no CutContour was applied) and there is automatically a contour cut applied to everything when I open it in Flexi to print it. Is there a way to select the whole EPS file in Flexi and Un-Apply all strokes or contour cuts and manually go in and only apply a contour cut around the edge to create the sticker. Seems like a simple process but i'm not seeing it
In Flexi you can apply contour cut in several ways, but also, some colors are interpreted as a contour cut when used as a stroke. Select different elements of the file where you see contour cuts and check the stroke color in the Fill,Stroke Editor window to see if that's the case. If it is, you can select all contour cut at once by going to: Edit → Select → Select by attribute → stroke tab; then select the stroke that comes out as contour cut and either remove it, or change to a different color.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Stroke Contour Cut.jpg
    Stroke Contour Cut.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 95

highrolling24

I have always had problems going from Gerber Composer to .EPS or .AI with cut contour. What I do is make sure it is drawn up with foil colors only not vinyl colors and make sure the cut lines are switched off and then save it. Sometimes it is better to save as a .AI and then in switch it to .EPS in flexi. Hopefully that helps.