• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi-Designer subscription

Steph_Stamm

Yes, you can export to the full range of file formats, including PDF, EPS as well as all the image formats like JPEG, TIFF and older versions of Flexi. You can also send jobs directly from Flexi Design to other RIPs - Flexi's Production Manager, Onyx, Rasterlink and VersaWorks.

mrugen

Flexi Subscription

Exactly Stephanie! Chimuka, be happy to get you set up if you don't have a subscription yet.

LittleSnakey

I was told that I cannot send directly from flexi designer to the flexi pro product manager installed on another computer. I was told that I would have to save the file then import the file into the product manager.

Can I send a print to the product manager installed on another computer from designer just hitting the rip/print button?
Thanks

Yes, you can export to the full range of file formats, including PDF, EPS as well as all the image formats like JPEG, TIFF and older versions of Flexi. You can also send jobs directly from Flexi Design to other RIPs - Flexi's Production Manager, Onyx, Rasterlink and VersaWorks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I was told that I cannot send directly from flexi designer to the flexi pro product manager installed on another computer. I was told that I would have to save the file then import the file into the product manager.

Can I send a print to the product manager installed on another computer from designer just hitting the rip/print button?
Thanks

We do exactly this every day....... We have one Flexi Pro license (USB dongle). That dongle is plugged into the dedicated RIP machine which only runs Production Manager. A separate design computer has the same Flexi Pro license installed. It finds the dongle over the network and it just runs the Designer interface. Then we have a second Flexi Designer (only) license (also USB dongle). On that one we have to plug the dongle into the workstation that uses that license and install with that license. That one also finds the Pro versions Production Manager on the network and can submit jobs to it just fine, print or cut.

Chimuka

I have Flexi 8.6 Pro and the new HP 310 with the HP-Flexi rip. Complicated eps or pdf files exported from 8.6 have shown up in the HP/Flexi production manager with incorrect colored vector shapes. What I mean by this is some contours grab another color from the layout and print wrong. I can import the file back to Flexi and the incorrect colors are pulled back into Flexi, so it is not the rip but it is the export that is coming up with the error. I was wondering if this would be a ram limitation that 8.6 is restricted to and if flexi 11 actually can use more than 4 gig of ram. I have 8 gig on Win 7.

For contour cutting I have a Summa 54'' and I have never liked the Flexi-Summa contour cutting routine. I use WinPlot so I do not think I would benefit from the full Flexi 11.

LittleSnakey

Siteline,
Does flexi automatically find the usb key or do you have to tell it where to find it?

Chimuka
Why do you export the files to the product manager instead of using the rip and print button?

We also have Flexi, summa setup, we print with a roland. We save the .plt (cut job) out of flexi production manager to the computer connected to the summa, then send that plt file with Summa cutter control. It works with opus marks and regular cut vinyl.

One big difference between the Flexi cloud and 8.6 version is the way the Summa opus marks are printed, in 8.6 it prints them at the same distance no matter what the length of the print is. In the cloud version it changes the distance depending on how long the print is. This is a problem for us when we are sending large quantities of a decal and something goes wrong in the middle, power failure or media runs out, etc.
With 8.6 we can save the print and just make a new cut file for the quantity that printed with the cloud version that print is garbage because the opus marks are wrong for the lesser quantity.

I have Flexi 8.6 Pro and the new HP 310 with the HP-Flexi rip. Complicated eps or pdf files exported from 8.6 have shown up in the HP/Flexi production manager with incorrect colored vector shapes. What I mean by this is some contours grab another color from the layout and print wrong. I can import the file back to Flexi and the incorrect colors are pulled back into Flexi, so it is not the rip but it is the export that is coming up with the error. I was wondering if this would be a ram limitation that 8.6 is restricted to and if flexi 11 actually can use more than 4 gig of ram. I have 8 gig on Win 7.

For contour cutting I have a Summa 54'' and I have never liked the Flexi-Summa contour cutting routine. I use WinPlot so I do not think I would benefit from the full Flexi 11.

gnatt66

just did the Flexi Designer Cloud Subscription and LOVE it. one button send to versaworks and i can save in any format.

Chimuka

Chimuka
Why do you export the files to the product manager instead of using the rip and print button?

I do not think Flexi 8.6 will send to the HP 310. I would send direct when I was using the Mutoh 1304 but I think the new line of HP 300 series are ripped from 11 Cloud or some other rip , not 8.6.

It sounds like opos control is still not the best yet. Are you sensing all those opos markers Flexi had printed? (about 2 inches apart?) I just make my own marks in the main layout page, put in as many or few as I want ,with step and repeat. Then space the margin as far or close as I want , export the contour cuts along with the opos marks to Summa's Winplot. Select Opos cut and then help the cutter find the first mark and cut.

Try it , I think you will like it!

LittleSnakey

I have done it with winplot but when running a run of 1000 of the same decal its easier for me to put 1000 in the qty in product manager and let flexi put the marks on, space them ect.
The opus always work fine for me as far as finding the marks. I just use the older version of flexi on anything I am printing in large quantites.

I see the flexi does not support your new hp machine.

Chimuka

I do not think Flexi 8.6 will send to the HP 310. I would send direct when I was using the Mutoh 1304 but I think the new line of HP 300 series are ripped from 11 Cloud or some other rip , not 8.6.

It sounds like opos control is still not the best yet. Are you sensing all those opos markers Flexi had printed? (about 2 inches apart?) I just make my own marks in the main layout page, put in as many or few as I want ,with step and repeat. Then space the margin as far or close as I want , export the contour cuts along with the opos marks to Summa's Winplot. Select Opos cut and then help the cutter find the first mark and cut.

Try it , I think you will like it!