• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Exporting / Missing Details

trebor8820

Hello,

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what I'm doing, but it in being here I hope to change that.

So, I don't really know how else to describe this issue. Flexi is our primary program, but I use illustrator to do things that I can't do in Flexi (like glowing), and then import those images into Flexi. So I drew a couple of signs in illustrator with the glow that I wanted, and then imported them into Flexi, placed them on the scaled picture, and exported to send to the customer... the problem I'm running into is that the glow isn't exporting the same for each picture and I'm not sure why.

When I exported A1 Smoke Shop by itself, it did fine. But when I export it with the Vape sign, it keeps the red glow on Vape, but changes the red to grayish white on A1... any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Attachments

• A-1 SmokeSHop wVape.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 199
  • A-1 SmokeShop2.pdf
    430.6 KB · Views: 151
  • A1-Vape.png
    A1-Vape.png
    670.6 KB · Views: 195

Evan Gillette

I have run into this on occasion with files. Usually the fix has been to close flexi and reopen again and then it will work. One thing I have found is that it is usually when combining raster and vector elements on a single proof. My default mode for sending proofs has become this:
1. Draw a rectangle around the items wanting to send, turn white and wireframe. This becomes the invisible "border" of your proof. Note: on mock ups applied onto an image like yours I skip this step.
2. Add your logo somewhere into the mock up or proof, always brand your work.
3. Select everything you want to send in the proof (which should be inside you white box)
4. File, Send Email, As JPEG, Set compression (I usually leave default), set dimensions and resolution
5. A new email will open with the proof as an attachment
6. Typically instead of sending directly from this email I will click the dropdown and "Save As"
7. Name the file what you want, save in the directory you want and then proceed to sen to the customer.

You can also "send email as PDF" which is the same as exporting the file as a pdf. This will preserve vector elements. Just depends on what you are looking to send but for most cases a decent jpeg is perfect for customers. This has the added benefit of not being as easy to rip off for those customers you may not trust as much...

FactorDesign

Flexi used to do this to me all the time. It would drop out layers when sending to versaworks for printing. Had to restart the computer to fix it any time it happened. It's no fun being 3 panels in to a box truck wrap and realizing the outline around some text is missing. For some reason, black was the most popular color to do this.