• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi fill plot issue

djngnear

Hello I plotted some gift tags and was wondering how I would fill plot certain colors or layers? I just want to fill the names in (see picture). When I click fill plot, it’s gonna fill in everything when I only want certain things. Would I just have to create registration marks and go back over to fill stuff in? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 321

IsItFasst

Not sure I fully understand but if I do, I think you need to "uncompound" the parts of the letters you want filled in. Compound just those parts and fill them in the color you want. You will also need to compound the outline and inline around the letters so it doesn't fill in holes in the letters.

djngnear

Not sure I fully understand but if I do, I think you need to "uncompound" the parts of the letters you want filled in. Compound just those parts and fill them in the color you want. You will also need to compound the outline and inline around the letters so it doesn't fill in holes in the letters.

Hello and thanks for the reply! I’m talking about plotting using an ink pen. My machine drew the name tags and I’d like to “fill plot” the names on them and nothing else.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I think you would have to fill the objects you want filled with pattern fills. You can use the stock ones in the palette or create your own. You may have to create one with lines so close together they appear to fill in the object.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I think you would have to fill the objects you want filled with pattern fills. You can use the stock ones in the palette or create your own. You may have to create one with lines so close together they appear to fill in the object.
Actually tried this and it doesn't work. Best I could come up with is taking the objects you want filled, then select Effects>Stripe and making it several stripes very close together. That should then plot and 'appear' solid.