• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi fonts?

CarolinaCabinet

also, are most people pretty happy with the flexi selection or do most people have to buy font bundles or just worry about finding individual fonts when the time occurs?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
also, are most people pretty happy with the flexi selection or do most people have to buy font bundles or just worry about finding individual fonts when the time occurs?

I subscribe to the saying that "he who dies with the most fonts wins". No single font collection will ever handle all your needs. What Flexi supplies may get you by for those situations where you are making the creative selection of the font. What happens though is that clients will supply you with artwork that will use fonts you don't have or they will request fonts that you don't have.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Flexi fonts will work for some things, but you need to start a Font collection. Get them whenever you can, there are so many out there. They will help you in your designs.

Rodi

Buy Corel, you get 1000 good Bitsteam fonts, buy Freehand you get the equivalent of URW Printworks, 503 fontts. Buy Canvas you get 2540 hi-quality URW fonts, buy an old version of Illustrator, you get some good fonts, about 200. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader and you get a good boatload of Adobe fonts, free. Fred, at I recall, Fred had some good fonts for sale, he still might. I bought some off him. I bought 800,000 clipart from Nova Development, 1850 fonts (URW, FONTEK AGFA), 100 bux, good deal. Find more fonts at great link from Luc:
http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/fonts.html

rdm01

The more fonts you have, the more diverse your designs can become, and the easier it is to match a customers existing fonts. I like to slowly add to them, and buy designer fonts when we have a customer paying for a good original design. I have most of the commonly found ones, then add to the collection with fonts from places like letter head and the rest.

My favorite font is Comic Sans, followed by papyrus!:scream: