• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Help Please

uneedasign

After having my computer crash, I had to re-install all my software. When I open Flexi, I get a window with the description: DESIGN CENTRAL, (null) file not found or wrong. I press the OK button twice, and Flexi works, however I am not able to import ESP or AI files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS win 2000 pro, service pack 4
flexi 6.5 V3, service pack 1

Kevin Huffman

New CD

Hello Uneedasign,

I would suggest getting the newest version of version 6's.
Version 6.5v3 was mainly intended for Windows 95/98 users and it can work on Windows 200.
Version 6.6v1 was intended for windows 98/2k users, it was brought out about 1 year later than the 6.5v3.
All you would need to do is get your hands on a Version 6.6v1 disk and install it with the same user name / password.
Most company's would send you one for the cost of the cd plus shipping.

dennis j

Try reinstalling Flexi making sure all running programs are shut down including virus protection and fire walls.

Kevin Huffman

I was just about to reply that same thing, make sure ALL your firewalls/virus protections were turned off while installing. They normally do cause havoc while installing flexi's products.

uneedasign

Thanks, tried turning all off and doing clean install several times, but no luck. This version of flexi worked fine before the crash. Defective hard drive, so I did a clean install of all software & files on a new hard drive, so I know their isn't anything on the registry causing conflicts. Flexi wont help, said I need to purchase the upgrade to 7.

uneedasign

When all else fails, try reading. On the installation CD, their is a pdf file, limitation/known problems, that discusses this very problem. It said to remove a .dll file in the flexi file. Seems to work now.(After 4 down days) Please learn from my mistake, Back up Back up, Back up.
Thanks for all your help.

gROUND cHUCK

see if you have this file.

C:\Program Files\Flexi\Program\PSIH.dll

Deleting this will solve the error message but won't fix the import problem. They want you to upgrade because they solved this issue in v7.0........

Color Dude

If you ever experience a problem with Flexi and it requires a uninstall reinstall, always clean the registry, this will remove all flexi lines from the computer, and ensures a clean install.

Yamalube

Regedt32

I do not have flexi but it should go something like this.

Uninstall the software using add remove programs.

Launch regedt32 from the run menu. Look in HKLM\Software for flexi and delete it. You can also search the registry for flexi and delete anything it finds.