• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi how to cut a smooth line

deadguy141

Hello, I'm having trouble cutting a smooth line with flexi design. I scanned a pic of a sticker I wanted to cut. Once you import the pic to flexi, the edges look ok. If you zoom in you can see how jagged it is. When you cut it, it comes out jagged and not smooth. I was wondering if there is a way in flexi to smooth out the lines. Thank you
James

Pat Whatley

You can adjust the tracing options a bit to get it a little better, but all in all Flexi tracing has SUCKED since version 5.

If you've got Corel or Illustrator they will both do a better job of tracing it. If not then you're gonna have to redraw it instead of trace it.

mtmdesigns

Hello, I'm having trouble cutting a smooth line with flexi design. I scanned a pic of a sticker I wanted to cut. Once you import the pic to flexi, the edges look ok. If you zoom in you can see how jagged it is. When you cut it, it comes out jagged and not smooth. I was wondering if there is a way in flexi to smooth out the lines. Thank you
James

Send it over to the vector doctor. Or autotrace and learn the hard way.

mtmdesigns

I dont think he knows the nodes just yet from reading his post. Scanning and tracing is a good way to learn though.