• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi + HP Latex + Summa

We have been having massive issues with cut size inaccuracies on a brand new summa s2 160 T cutter, hp latex 560, and sai flexi. We tested the same jobs through winplot and got perfect results. However, when doing it with flexi the cut sizes range from 2mm too big to 1mm too small on small cuts. I printed out a sheet and measured the distance between registration marks, and the first set of marks was farther apart than the rest of the jobs marks. Have any of you seen this before? It seems bizarre to me. Flexi support has been 0 hlp at all, we have been discussing this with them for over two months now.

Signature Graphix

Wide Format Printing - Signage - Vehicle Wraps
Flexi support has been 0 hlp at all, we have been discussing this with them for over two months now.

Sounds on par. Ive found a couple problems that they had no idea even existed and were kind of baffled that its been overlooked. I feel you on this one for sure.

Reveal1

We have been having massive issues with cut size inaccuracies on a brand new summa s2 160 T cutter, hp latex 560, and sai flexi. We tested the same jobs through winplot and got perfect results. However, when doing it with flexi the cut sizes range from 2mm too big to 1mm too small on small cuts. I printed out a sheet and measured the distance between registration marks, and the first set of marks was farther apart than the rest of the jobs marks. Have any of you seen this before? It seems bizarre to me. Flexi support has been 0 hlp at all, we have been discussing this with them for over two months now.
We have the exact same combo of equipment/RIP but don't experience those issues. Running Flexi 12 though, not 19. One thing we learned early on is when you set contour cutlines in Flexi, it remembers the contour cut offset from the previous time you did so and applies that to the new job. You have to remember to always check. Could it be something as simple as that?

kerwinchua

Production Manager

First thing I would check is if the printer is printing in correct scale? Since latex printers rely on high temps for curing the vinyl stretches and contracts as it cools down. Onyx has a scale adjust in their profile manager to fix this. Not familiar with flex since all our machines are run by Onyx.

once you solve the scale issue you may get the results you are looking for.

good luck

fionaba

hello im trying to buy 60 blades for my cutter recently bought ones but they dont fit my plotter its a hp latex 54 cutter anyone knows where can i buy the blades? thanks