• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi not plotting everything, just stops...

Ok have been using flexi SAI forever. Subscription 22.0.1 This a A first for me. When I go to plot vinyl it now only plots about 80% of the job and just stops! The Production Manager shows it at about 80%-90% complete. And this is a small decal job! About 18" long. I have printed these jobs hundreds of times. Now it wont execute to plot the whole file!!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Every time I've had issues with a plotter or printer like that, it's always been the connection to the device. Get a new USB cable and try it in a different port on the computer. Make sure the USB cable isn't too long where it looses signal.

gabagoo

I too have experienced this with my Summa S2... It usually happens on cuts involving a lot of cutting. I just send them out now in smaller groups and it seems to cut 100%. I wonder if it is the USB cable losing info...never liked plotting from those.

d fleming

Also check that your sheet/roll length in plotter settings didn't magically reset to something shorter than where it has been forever.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
In the past, I have called flexi support when I had an issue. On one of their versions (19), my printer actually caught a mistake in their code. If you find that nothing works, call them, it might be on their end.