• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi not sending cut file to RIP

MHester

So this is new today. I open a file, do my normal stuff to tell it to cut a contour line, and it sends the print file to the RIP, but not the cut file. I even went back and grabbed old saved print/cut files, and tell it to send to RIP and the print file will be fine, but it doesn't send the cut file. I have double checked to make sure I'm sending BOTH cut and print files . Why is it not making the cut file?? In 5 years of using this same software, it decides not to work today. Any one have any ideas? I've rebooted everything. I have Flexi print/cut 12.

NazGraphics1

One of the options are probably unchecked
If you want post some screen shot on all the tabs
Or go in to the flexi Manger and load /reload the last saved settings

MHester

One of the options are probably unchecked
If you want post some screen shot on all the tabs
Or go in to the flexi Manger and load /reload the last saved settings
Attached is a screen shot of the cutting tab. When I send the job, the print file shows up fine, but it doesn't create a cut file.
I can send a test cut command from my computer to the cutter, so it's not a hardware problem, its solely a software issue that won't create a cut file.
Where in flexi can I do a load/reload last saved settings that you mentioned? I've look at every tab, setting, etc, and can't find a "reload" per sae.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    949.2 KB · Views: 367

NazGraphics1

This screen shot is from ur print mode
Now go to the production manager after print
And pick your cutter on the tab
Left below find the job name right click property 2nd from top and you should be able to see the cut line !!!!

Side note
When I need 6 prints wit contour cut
On my designer I duplicate my artwork
So I get only 1 registration mark on the print and cut job

MHester

This screen shot is from ur print mode
Now go to the production manager after print
And pick your cutter on the tab
Left below find the job name right click property 2nd from top and you should be able to see the cut line !!!!

Side note
When I need 6 prints wit contour cut
On my designer I duplicate my artwork
So I get only 1 registration mark on the print and cut job
After I send the job, I go to production manager. There's no cutter tab. Thats the problem, it's not sending any cut jobs. I'm reinstalling the software to see if that's the problem...I'll let ya know.

side note.....on most jobs I combine all the duplicates with 1 set of reg marks. But for these diecuts, I need it to re-register for each panel, otherwise it skews by the time it gets to the 3rd panel.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did the setting that tells Flexi to Hold the job maybe get changed? Maybe the cut file is being sent but it's being sent to the cutter which isn't ready to accept the job yet? Just spitballing.

MHester

Did the setting that tells Flexi to Hold the job maybe get changed? Maybe the cut file is being sent but it's being sent to the cutter which isn't ready to accept the job yet? Just spitballing.
It was still set up for "hold" . That was a good question though.

NazGraphics1

After I send the job, I go to production manager. There's no cutter tab. Thats the problem, it's not sending any cut jobs. I'm reinstalling the software to see if that's the problem...I'll let ya know.

side note.....on most jobs I combine all the duplicates with 1 set of reg marks. But for these diecuts, I need it to re-register for each panel, otherwise it skews by the time it gets to the 3rd panel.

Attachments

• sign101.PNG
    sign101.PNG
    207.2 KB · Views: 364

MHester

I ended up reinstalling the software and it fixed the problem. Thanks everyone for your help. Not sure after 5 years, it just started not working anymore, but a reinstall and reset fixed the issue. Thanks :)

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
In your photo, bottom left,
Next to the Grey countour cut you have mistakenly shut the cut file off.
Click on the Red X to turn the cut back on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-221618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-221618_Chrome.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 348