• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi/Onyx compatibility (.svg/xml)

ho420

Our shop is well ingrained in Flexi, with somewhere around 20 years of customers' files backed up in Flexi format. This week we ditched our Roland and got a new Epson S60600 and Graphtec 9000 combo. Some of you may see where this is going: Flexi and Onyx don't play well together unless You're printing and cutting. For cut only there's no way to send it directly to the cutter without printing first.

Here's been my workaround so far. I'm hoping someone has a better solution. The cut server will only recognize SVG or XML format, and Flexi isn't compatible with either of those. We use eps and pdf interchangeably with Flexi, so I have to load that into Gamma print, start and immediately cancel the job before it prints anything. Then and only then will it read in the cut server software so I can send it to the Graphtec. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and I waste some vinyl on a print job.

Honestly, the best solution would just be for Onyx to support EPS and/or PDF or Flexi to support SVG. But even a small conversion app would be better than nothing.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
You also need to state what your cutter is. If it is a Summa, the GoSign cuts PDFs. If it's a Graphtec or Mutoh, etc, then why not just cut it through Flexi...? You could also bring it into Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape and convert it into an SVG.