• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pen Plots Double - sick of it !!!

Morph1

Print all
Hi all,
just wondering,
what is up with this pos software....
It happens very often that flexi plots double lol sometimes triple paths,
all my objects are a single path vector characters and shapes, and yet I am having a file today and it plots everything twice,
I double checked everything in my file, everything is a single path, the files are generated in corel draw with a hairline used for
as stroke with no fills, files are then exported to generic EPS then imported to flexi...
any idea , and clues ??? , in flexi there is no fill at all, just a hairline stroke...
I use flexi mostly for printing, and very so often for cutting and plotting graphics...
thanks,

Morph1

Print all
lol , I got it,
I figured that it works a bit different than other software, (used to sign lab / anagraph / winplot ...)
I filled all the elements with black and eliminated pen line, now it plots single time...
I also misinterpreted the check option in production manager and had checked "convert stroke to outline" thinking
that this option would exactly eliminate pen stroke thickness and plot just the path, but it did the opposite lol...
The terminology regarding lines /outline / strokes /vector and paths may be misleading at times lol
Good lesson learned here...

I leave this here for all of you that maybe having the same problem while plotting/cutting from Flexi...

I take it back !!! , I love you Flexi !!!

CHeers

CalamityJay

i feel your pain

I save files with strokes in sepereate layers in hopes they will stay a stroke or fill and not be expanded when opening in flexi.

I save ai, eps and pdf.

Usually one of these works