• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi printing clear background

Richard G

Hey all, I am using Flexi sign pro 8.6 ver 2 and a Mimaki JV3 160SP the question is this i am doing a banner with letters only and when the print is done you notice that the whole background has been printed as well to an off shade of white, not a bright as the banner itself. I have looked at the setup in flexi and cannot find anything that tell me to not include the background. Has anyone else run into this?
thanks

Drip Dry

I don't think there's anything in Flexi that tells it to include the background.
Are you sure there's not a white box around the letters and you can't see it because the background is white as well. Could this be a jpeg you imported in.

Do the color of the letters print the correct color or are they off as well.
That may tell you if it's a white point problem.

Richard G

jtube, definetly not box I just use clips in each corner for size.
AUOT-FX thanks I really like the show! I will try another render intent and see how that goes. thanks again for the insite.

Chuck Osborne

some times selecting white bkg in your layout will print
a color. also some profiles will print a bkg color.
I print for another shop and they were selecting a white
vinyl color for bkg. it would print light grey. now they select
no fill. that took care of it.

Richard G

Well after playing with it this afternoon I finally figured it out. the profile that i was using was for banners and that is where i had the problem. So I guess it is time to find a new profile for banners. I got this one from Grimco only a few months ago, and now that I think about it that is the only time I had a real issue, while printing banners.
Time lost, lesson learned.
thanks for the replies.