• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pro 8.1v1 Is not contour cutting!

Derf

Windows: XP Pro, Flexi Pro 8.1v1 Is not contour cutting!

Printers: Mutoh VJ 1204 and a Mutoh RR6100
Cutter: Graphtec FC7000-130

Windows: XP Pro, Flexi Pro 8.1v1

MAC: OS10.3.9, Flexi Pro 7.7v2

If I print to any printer via the MAC it prints and cuts with no problem. There for I do not feel it is a hardware issue.

If I print and cut from the PC to any of the two printers the eye on the cutter scans short on the second mark, about a millimeter or so depending on the size of the print and I get " Mark Scan Error". Sometimes it errors out on the first mark " Mark Scan Error" says the vinyl cutter.

I have tried numerous option in the contour setting with varying sized marks and styles. Some times if I tell Flexi to use the “Graphic Segment Area Type 1” and it prints the “Graphic Type 1 Automatic”.

Any Ideas?

Chuck Osborne

Got my fc7000 three weeks ago. tec spent 51/2 hrs trying to get
plotter to see marks. he had to install older firmware to get it
to cut. worked good for 2 weeks (type 1 marks only). tuesday
printed then tryed to cut, mark scan error. hp9000s,fc7000,
flexi #8.1v1. tec is comming out today (maybe)

Derf

I think it has something to do with Flexi 8.1v1 because my MAC Flexi 7.7v2 and my old win Flexi 6.7 cut just fine!

Please let me know what fixed yours if you find out.

Derf

I'm on with tech support with SAI and they are trying to figure it out!

I don't have a good feeling about this!

I hope they don't try to blame the cutter or printer...

Derf

They told me not to hit the origin button when the message tells you to and just send it... It works???? what ever.. Flexi 8.1v.1 needs a v2 IMO

Trimtint

LOL i got the same thing same equiptment also. What firmware are u running on the graphtec. Im at home so i cant tell yah mine. Its definitly a flexi issue if u ask me cause onyx prints and cuts fine reg marks are scanned fine. To me Onyx just sucks we have had way to many probs with color correction. Flexi rocks spot on every time. Now if I can just get it to cut.

Snapper

GARY CULY

not trying to be a smartass here but ive had my mak error come up just cause a small piece of dirt was around in the area of the register mark.it detected the spot not the printed mark ...keep er clean there ...swiffer

os101king

yeah, same here. had a TINY dot of ink from a roller near the reg mark. barely visible. five passes thru to register and no worky.... little alcohol and a q-tip and i was back in biz.

i'm running a loaner FC7000-130 and the tech who installed it said "only use rear set".... he even told me that for some reason the front set wouldn't work.

Bogie

I'm getting the same bit - Graphtec swears that it's in the software. All day yesterday was a hospital day, so on Tuesday, it'll be time to bother SAI again... And If I can't get it fixed by Wednesday night, I'm going to drive to Indianapolis, and make a scene until they get it working.

The Sign Dude

8.1v1 works fine on my plotter. Has anyone tried to print on gold leaf with their printer? It makes some really nice candy looking colors. I cant print cut though. I assum its because of the eye trying to read on the leaf.