• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Problem With "open With"

signs2trade

I JUST PURCHASED 3 UPGRADES TO FLEXI 8.5 FROM 8.1. IN 8.1 I WAS ABLE TO OPEN AI FILES AND EPS FILES DIRECTLY INTO FLEXI WITHOUT DRAGGING OR DROPPING AND WITHOUT IMPORTING. TO FIRST SET THIS UP I WOULD SIMPLY RIGHT CLICK ON THE FILE SELECT OPEN WITH GO TO THE APPROIATE FILE IN FLEX AND SELECT IT. AFTER DOING THIS ANY TIME I CLICKED ON AN AI OR EPS FILE IT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY OPEN IN FLEXI. NOW THIS DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL WORK ONE TIME BUT OPENS A NEW COPY OF FLEXI. TRY IT AGAIN AND IT REVERTS BACK TO ILLISTRATOR.
ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
HAVE A FIX?
THANKS
KEITH:help:

mrugen

File Association Problem

Sounds like a file association issue. You can, in windows, associate files with different programs. For instance, if you right click on a JPG file, and select properties, you will see the file type as well as the program that is defaulted to open it. Maybe you set this to Flexi at one time, and some cleanup program might have rest it it to something else. Just take a look.

Nice seeing you again. Mark

signs2trade

mark,
i have done this over and over.....was on the phone with flexi for over 2 hours with no fix. any ideas.
when are you coming to houston again?