• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Problems.

p3

Hey all, was wondering if anyone has had this similar problem... I opened up Flexi (V. 8.5v2) and the swatch library repeats itself taking up the whole artboard/screen. So I click view > and un click the swatches so I can see what I'm working with. I click print, then when opening production manager it comes up and says the password you have entered does not match the key.

What could possibly be going on? I can't figure it out and i'm in the middle of printing some things that have to be done by tomorrow morning...

p3

Its on vista, i'm trying to switch everything to a computer running windows 7 though now just because its a little faster and better suited for doing this...but how can I just transfer all my setttings to the new computer? I installed flexi but none of the profiles are showing up or anything...

choucove

I'm also curious about the option to transfer settings from an earlier computer (such as Windows XP) to a new Windows 7 system. I've had a couple designers in our office express worries about being able to transfer custom color pallets and other preference settings.

cgsigns_jamie

I'm also curious about the option to transfer settings from an earlier computer (such as Windows XP) to a new Windows 7 system. I've had a couple designers in our office express worries about being able to transfer custom color pallets and other preference settings.

You can simply copy files from your old installation to the new one.

Swatch Libraries are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite\Swatch

Templates are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite\Templates

ICC Profiles are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite\ICCProfile

We use Flexi's template feature to add a title block to all our drawings with pertinent job/customer information, as well as a nice copyright notice. I have to sync the template directories on all the design computers to make sure everyone uses the same version.

Sorry to be a :thread Back to our regularly scheduled discussion,

Steph_Stamm

...but how can I just transfer all my setttings to the new computer? I installed flexi but none of the profiles are showing up or anything...

Hey P3 (and everyone else) - here's the secret to transferring settings!

1. Open Preference Manager (Start > Programs > SAi Production Suite) on the "old" computer and click Save. This will save all your current settings, except for ICC Profiles (explained below).
2. Navigate to your Program Files and then open the SAi Production Suite folder.
3. Open Jobs & Settings > Devices > Preferences folders. Here you will see PRF files with the same name that you saved your preferences in Step 1. Take these files and copy them to a thumb drive (or whatever's handy) and plop them into the same folder on the new computer.

As for your ICC Profiles, you'll need to re-add those in the RIP & Print dialog > Advanced Options tab. Under the Preset drop-down menu, choose "Add" and select all of the ICC Profiles that you want to be available in Flexi.

Hope that helps!

Steph