• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi production and summa registration marks not lining up (grimco holographic)

joelswork

hey guys, is there a way to manually set the marks on a Summa S2 T series with flexi? It's a weird situation where it will read the marks and do the cuts directly after print but if it cools off, it wont. I have enough bleed that I was hoping to manually set the registration marks but I don't know if that can be done, or how to do it.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I have had good success when putting transparent tape over the marks or applying registration marks from other jobs exactly over the existing marks.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've been having a couple of issues with my Summa S2 lately. Using Onyx 21, but it won't read the barcode anymore. Also, using go sign from Asanti, it sometimes adds extra marks in the registration, that aren't printed. I've trouble shooted by deleting those extra marks in the back end. It will read vertically, then go across the sheet and not be able to read the back mark, even though it's right over it. So the plotter prompts me to set the tool over the mark it can't read. I do so, it continues as normal, but starts cutting off.. horizontally off though.
I think there is something weird with new summa upgrades. I haven't upgraded recently, because I have a colleague who has had other, separate weird issues. Which he eventually pinpointed on a software upgrade with summa.

gabagoo

How about cutting some small squares with the registration square knocked out of the larger square and place over the reg marks to cancel out the holographic affect

joelswork

I ended up digging through some old stuff and found the summa yellow opos covers. I put those on and it reads fine.... weird