• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi shows how it should print, but Mimaki prints it differently?

gabagoo

I have had this happen the odd time but can't figure out why it happens. The pics show how it looks when sending it out through Rip & Print and then how the printer actually printed the decals. I can't see any reason why it would do this but more importantly is it going to cut it the way it printed or is it going to cut it the way it was meant to be? I used 54" material and set the available area to 51" ..normally I have it set to 52.5" so I am at a loss as to why it did this.

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 145

natallica

Graphics Guru
I've had weird quirky crap like that happen from time to time. Flexi likes to revert some settings back to a default, or a previous setting, unbeknownst to the user.

I've had this exact thing happen, and the only way I avoid it, is to poll the printer before hitting send. It readjusts and seems to calculate the copies the right way and it prints how it shows.

I've also encountered Summa marks being screwed as well, one on the left is normal, one on the the right was approx. 1" x 1" square. No idea what Flexi does when I'm not looking.

Hope this helps,
-N8

gabagoo

Thankfully it was a small run..I would have been pretty annoyed if it was a large run and only notice the issue at the end of the run. I called Flexi and I think the tech was a bit confused by it as well.