• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi Sign Bezier question

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Is there any way for me to give a bezier curve to all of the points initially or select them all and make them have a bezier curve? It seems you can only select one point at a time scan over and make it have a bezier curve, very time consuming when you have a lot of points. For 15 years I've been wanting to ask this question but keep forgetting.

Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I don't think I've encountered any object that I wanted to have all bezier curves. I think it makes more sense to only be able to apply one at a time.

Martin Denton

Flexi does have two useful tools apart from bezier curves for creating curves with few points on them; 'optimize by smooth arc 'and 'make arc', these are both on the path edit toolbar I use them a lot for cleaning up vectors and are quite handy, don't know if these will help you?

2ny

I am with rydods on this. I have wondered this myself many times. Whenever I scan and vectorize something by lines manually, I must make the points one-by-one to what I want them to be. And most times I would like them all to be Bezier so I cam edit them in curves. It is cumbersome and there really should be a shortcut for this.

Best regards
Tony

bannertime

I've never wanted to do that, so I've never looked. You can see in the Design Central box that there is a way to change a point or path to curve when you select the path tool. However, if you select every point or path, the option to change them is grayed out.

Joe House

What method are you using to vectorize the artwork? Have you tried playing with the settings or using enhanced curves? Using the optimize by curve is probably the easiest way to turn a bunch of points into a single curve and 3 pont arc is my next favorite.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
What method are you using to vectorize the artwork? Have you tried playing with the settings or using enhanced curves? Using the optimize by curve is probably the easiest way to turn a bunch of points into a single curve and 3 pont arc is my next favorite.
I'll have to check out some of these options in the path edit tool bar and design central. I've tried various things in the past but never got the results I was looking for.
I do quite a bit of "RV" decal recreation. The "swoosh" type". There aren't usually a lot of points but for some things there are and it's frustrating having to click each one, one at a time and change it.

bannertime

I'll have to check out some of these options in the path edit tool bar and design central. I've tried various things in the past but never got the results I was looking for.
I do quite a bit of "RV" decal recreation. The "swoosh" type". There aren't usually a lot of points but for some things there are and it's frustrating having to click each one, one at a time and change it.

What? You're going through and adjusting each node to match the curve? If so, that's nuts. Seriously need to use those Arc tools.

FrankW

You can select more than one point at the time for example by dragging a rectangle around all points you wish to select with the arrow tool out of the tool palette for parh editing.

bannertime

You can select more than one point at the time for example by dragging a rectangle around all points you wish to select with the arrow tool out of the tool palette for parh editing.

You can, but like I said, the option to change them from Straight Line to Bezier Curves is grayed out and unable to be selected.