• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign Pro for Mac

mattcintosh

newer version

Hi,
I'm running Flexisign Pro V4.1 on a Mac Quadra. I bought the whole setup from someone that passed away a couple years ago. I would like to start making up a few signs for people, but just trying to import graphics into it is quite trying. I don't want to stick too much money into at the time until I can start making it pay off. I do have a perfectly fine Beige G3 that I'd like to use with it. Does anyone have a version of Flexisign 5/6/7 for classic Mac that they would be willing to sell?

artsnletters

OK i'm back looking for any more possible updates on Flexi for a MAC OSX

Still looking for any possible info on Flexi for OSX.... any leads on any copies new or used. NOS.... is that such a thing for software? Gonna likely run it on 10.5.8. Thanks in advance.
Tim

Signhappy

Signhappy

Looking for FlexiSign pro 7 for mac with key.
My powermac crashed and want to put it on
m,y powerbook running os 10.5.8.
Can i get any help?

artsnletters

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm still on the hunt for Flexi Sign Pro for a Mac version 8x in whatever version i can get, of course a legal version w dongle. Has anyone upgraded to cloud of have this laying around? I've been checking eBay to no avail. Has to be able to run on an older version of OSX. Thanks, Tim

Nismoasfuh

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm still on the hunt for Flexi Sign Pro for a Mac version 8x in whatever version i can get, of course a legal version w dongle. Has anyone upgraded to cloud of have this laying around? I've been checking eBay to no avail. Has to be able to run on an older version of OSX. Thanks, Tim
Seems like everyone is having issues with Flexi and Max OSX. I would recommend installing windows on your mac. Its really simple and wouldnt require purchasing a new computer. Download/install VirtualBox.
Install a copy of Windows as a virtual machine. You will be able to have Windows OS operating on your Mac OSX. Or even better use bootcamp to do a install on a partitioned area of your hard drive.

WildWestDesigns

Download/install VirtualBox.
Install a copy of Windows as a virtual machine. You will be able to have Windows OS operating on your Mac OSX. Or even better use bootcamp to do a install on a partitioned area of your hard drive.

If the Mac is properly spec'ed out, it would actually be better to VM then to dual boot (bootcamp), for a variety of reasons.

I also do believe that if you try to dual boot Win 10, Apple has made it to where "you" have to jump through some hoops to get that version of the OS to run. Just in case try to dual boot with Win 10. Dual booting older versions may or may not have success due to hardware compatibility.

I ran Parallels on my Mac while running LXI Expert, worked without a hitch 90% of the time. When it came to installing a large format primer, that was a different story. Now I have a dedicated PC just for Flexi and the equipment.

Not a fan of windows, but if it works for the purpose, I’ll go with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HendersonSign

Does anyone have any information for Flexisign for Mac OS X Mojave? I have Flexisign 8.5v1 and it installs but it crashes when it starts to load files. Ive read that the latest is 8.5v2 and I've heard the serial number and registration will work with v2 or 8.6 if there is a 8.6. There isnt much information on SAi's website about Flexisign anymore. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
8.6.2 Service Pack 1 was the final release in the Flexi 8 family. As I recall it was a free upgrade for 8.5 licensees. Unfortunately, Sai does not offer any support any longer for this version.

WildWestDesigns

It possibly could, just in the event we don’t transition to a Mac.

Even if you do transition to Mac, if your Mac is appropriately spec'ed out and you have a Windows install media for an OS version that would work with that Flexi version, could always VM Windows and Flexi (Window's version).

This is what I did when I first transitioned to Linux and didn't have native Linux versions in the beginning (or if they still needed work). Helps to have that to fall back on.

artsnletters

I check in here once in a while and STILL haven't gotten a legal copy of Flexi 8.5v2 for a MAC. I JUST missed out on one on eBay! I thought i had the bid covered and i was working and come back and i lost! CRAP. So if any of you people have upgraded and have an old copy around w dongle i can buy hit me up immediately!
Tim

jimdtg

The better and possible way is you looking for 8.5 dongle for PC, and as someone said it works with Mac, I mean Mac edition with 8.5 PC dongle.

Lee Littlewood

...as the programs age they fall from the tree: We were happy for years running FlexiPro 8.5 Mac on a dedicated old iMac with just it and an old Adobe Illustrator program. Something went south (don't really know what) and Flexi or Production Manager wouldn't connect to the Summa plotter, so we wiped it and reloaded from the factory disc. Now it can't find the dongle, sigh. Artsnletters, I've been watching eBay for years and didn't even see the copy of 8.5 you missed, so it is surely a rare item. I'll go look for an 8.5 PC program with dongle. Sigh, our 8.5 on an iMac was solid as a rock until it wasn't...

jschaudt

Master of Hats
The day has finally arrived, but still requires the use of a PC with Flexisign 21 on the network for production. FlexiDesigner is available for 2012 Macs and newer with 8gb ram or more.

Does anyone have the minimum spec or better machine to test with and see how the design aspect works out? M1 chips will work, but requires Rosetta.

I have flexisign 21 on the PC and Flexisign Pro on 3 2010 macs. Yes, I can produce from the Mac flexipro8.5, but I'm an IT guy who knows how to modify some driver files. Also using the basic Summa drivers works better than using the supposed real driver.

jschaudt

Master of Hats
...as the programs age they fall from the tree: We were happy for years running FlexiPro 8.5 Mac on a dedicated old iMac with just it and an old Adobe Illustrator program. Something went south (don't really know what) and Flexi or Production Manager wouldn't connect to the Summa plotter, so we wiped it and reloaded from the factory disc. Now it can't find the dongle, sigh. Artsnletters, I've been watching eBay for years and didn't even see the copy of 8.5 you missed, so it is surely a rare item. I'll go look for an 8.5 PC program with dongle. Sigh, our 8.5 on an iMac was solid as a rock until it wasn't...
Biggest reason for losing connectivity is an OsX update. I'm still on OsX 10.8.5. All system updates had to be ignored for safety. And now the computer is no longer secure to use with the internet reliably.

Did you breach the 10.8.5 operating system barrier?